Laminate Flooring in Florida
Today's laminate floors come in a variety of trending and classic options. And for homeowners or retailers hoping to add the look of natural hardwoods or stone flooring, laminate is an excellent option. That’s why Carpet One Floor & Home in Jacksonville, Saint Augustine, and Orange Park, Florida knows that when looking for solid surface flooring for your home or office, laminate floors can be both an affordable and beautiful option.
Laminate floors are also easy to maintain, eco-friendly, and are durable, and easy to install. Read on to discover just a few of the exciting benefits laminate floors have to offer.
What Is Laminate Flooring?
Laminate flooring is constructed of a protective wear layer over a decorative sheet containing the pattern, supported by a rigid core and bottom balance layer to help prevent warping.
Laminate at a Glance
- Laminate flooring is tough enough to resist anything your pets or children throw at it.
- Laminate is resistant to water, stains, scratches, and more! This is a huge plus for our Florida residents who may deal with humidity and/or insect damage.
- Laminate comes in a range of designs to match your interior style, including wood-look and stone-look laminate.
Why Should You Choose Laminate Flooring?
Whether your taste runs to rustic, modern, or contemporary, laminate flooring can fit your style. Keep reading to learn more about the different benefits of these floors.
Laminate is Durable & Easy to Maintain
- Laminate floors are durable and resistant to many environmental factors which could ruin other floors.
- They come with a protective coating that will repel common oops and spills and will not stain.
- Generally, all you need to do to keep laminate floors looking great is the occasional sweep and vacuum to remove dust and other particles.
- Laminate is resistant to color fading, treated to withstand mold, and are scratch-resistant. Some laminates are even harder than hardwood!
Laminate is Eco-Friendly
- If you are environmentally conscious, it is hard to go wrong with laminate flooring.
- One of the benefits of laminates which sometimes gets overlooked is how eco-friendly and green they can be.
- Many of them are made of recycled or sustainable materials and can eventually be recycled after use as well.
- With laminate floors, you will not have to worry about chopping down old-growth trees for hardwood or filling a landfill with carpet.
Installing Your Laminate Flooring
Not only will you save money on materials with laminate, but you will save on installation as well! Your floor can be fully installed very quickly, minimizing the chaos of renovation and allowing you to get to the important part, enjoying your new space. Here’s a closer look at the process and where to install your floors.
How is Laminate Installed?
- Most laminate floors are installed using the click-lock method.
- Laminate planks are often placed over the subfloor and they naturally expand and contract. This is called a floating floor.
- Our expert team of installers will guide you through the best method of installation for your home.
- Our installation team can install laminate in both your residential homes and vacation homes.
Where Can You Install Laminate Flooring?
- Laminate flooring is extremely versatile and can be installed practically anywhere in your home including bedrooms, offices, living rooms, and playrooms.
- It can even be installed in areas of the home where traditional hardwood cannot such as kitchens, bathrooms, and basements.
- We do not recommend floating floors in rooms where cabinetry may be placed on top as this can cause problems when needing to remove or replace broken or damaged pieces.
Shop Laminate Flooring Near You - Carpet One in Florida
Carpet One Floor & Home is focused on providing you with the best in quality laminate products and installation services available. Our professional flooring experts are second to none, and we are confident that you will have a pleasant installation experience. Start planning for your next project now! Visit one of our four showrooms in Jacksonville, Orange Park, and Saint Augustine, Florida, or call us to schedule a free home estimate today!
Learn More About Laminate
Laminate Flooring Care & Maintenance
Even Laminate flooring can use a little TLC! Keep your floors looking their best with the proper care and maintenance.